A blogger life: Real or fantasy?

>> Thursday, May 21, 2009

I often write about how I get fed up with the "perfect" blogs. How can these bloggers have such great lives, great kids, great shopping budgets and perfect husbands when my family seems so dysfunctional at times. Well they cant have all that because no one is perfect. They have bad days and fights, and go over budget and all types of things that don't make their lives joyful from time to time it just doesn't end up on the blog. Keeper of the home posted on this today and I think it is worth a read.

I like to read about 'real' people and real life experiences. This is what makes us grow, learn, adapt and live fuller lives. I am a work in progress. When I look back over my 19 years of marriage, I laugh at how I was in the beginning so naive and expectant. I cry at my middle years of misunderstandings, I yearn for better times and I rejoice at the growth and knowledge I have been able to glean from these experiences.

Life changes, we change, we grow, we see and we learn. So be honest in what you write, rejoice when you have had a great day, a great family moment. Share when things don't work out. When I say I have been planting and working in the garden all day, I mean all day, it isn't a quick hour and poof I have a wonderful garden. Things cant always be a quick fix. Life takes work and I like to keep it as real as I can. People can relate to that, people can say that they feel the same or empathize with your joys and failures.

Well that is another soapbox moment from saving money 101.

3 comments:

Simplelivin' May 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Part of why I started my blog is so that I can look back at it in years to come and see the obsticles we've over come, the mistakes we've made, and where it has brought us. It would be a false representative if I wasn't honest, but I guess some people have different plans for their blogs.

Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Gee Paula, how did you know my life was so perfect? Nothing ever goes wrong at my house! Ha!

Paula May 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Simple living you are very right it would be wonderful to look back on your blog and see how you have grown. I think even in the year I have been blogging I have grow as well.

Marilyn how can a woman who raises her own chickens have problems? lol

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008