How do you do your oatmeal?

>> Wednesday, November 11, 2009


The winter winds will soon be knocking on your door. You want to lose some pounds, you want to get the kids off to school with a full stomach and a warm but quick breakfast...well oatmeal to the rescue. The winter months bring many coupons and sales for oatmeal as well so you can really scoop on the savings and make a cheap, easy meal. It's not just for breakfast either. Think of a busy day of running around, the snow is falling and you make oatmeal with a table center piece of options to put in the oatmeal. Finish it up with some wholesome milk or a smoothie and your family will be full and satisfied. So the next time you see instant oats, old fashioned oats or steel cut oats on sale with a coupon in hand plan a breakfast, lunch or dinner for cheap.


Growing up I had oatmeal on special occasions...we were not a breakfast family. We had it cooked on the stove and we poured milk over it and had brown sugar too. I still like it with brown sugar but I also like raisins, dates and nuts too. But there are a million different ways you can eat your oatmeal and here is a site to help you do just that! Some of them seem off the wall but you know...if you like it and it is good for you...go for it. When I saw this site I thought...well we are always looking for new recipes, and economic eating...here you go.


4 comments:

Unknown November 11, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

I love oatmeal .. but we splurge and get the Quaker boxes .. multi variety, lower sugar - my fav is the cinnamon spice! :-) Yum!! I just got those boxes for $1.56 and thought that was a good price. :-)

momstheword November 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

I love oatmeal. It's my fall/winter breakfast favorite! It's great for warming you up in the morning!

Denise November 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Love my oatmeal.. I put splenda brown sugar almonds flax seed and some mini choc chips. YUM-O

Paula November 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

Yummy everyone...

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008