Mandarin Orange Cake

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This cake is so delightful. I can not tell you the amount of people who have asked for this recipe. I was just at a birthday party the other day and they had this cake. So good and refreshing.

I got it from the book "101 things to do with a cake mix". To make the cake take:

1 box yellow (I have used white as well) cake mix
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons water
3 large eggs
1 small can Mandarin orange slices with the juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the above together and place batter in the greased 9 x 13 pan or three round pans.

Bake for 23-25 mins or until center comes out clean.

While that is baking for the frosting:

one large box (I am using a regular box)
12 oz cool whip topping
1 can crushed pineapple (I use the small can)

Mix this together and spread on cool cake and keep in the fridge. It is so yummy. I use sugar free cool whip and pudding. You can not tell the difference. Today I am making it with the gluten free cake mix just to try it out. The cake is so moist from the fruit that you don't have to worry about pinching corners. Good luck it is awesome I tell you, awesome.

Weight watchers points would be a 3. I figured it and it came out 2 pts but I forgot to figure the oil so it would be a 3 pt treat.

2 comments:

mgibs17 November 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.
-----------------------------
mgibs17
Top Savings Account Rates

marsha rogan March 14, 2016 at 11:35 PM  

Practical comments - I learned a lot from the information . Does anyone know if my company could grab a sample a form document to type on ?

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008